Whether you need food now or later, for yourself or your family, near your home, school, or workplace, OpenShelf will help you find it all right here with just a few clicks.
Watch our video to learn how to use the map here.
If you have SNAP benefits, Illinois allows you to purchase groceries online. You can view our list of participating locations here:
How to Use the Map
- Select your language from the dropdown menu by clicking the arrow.
- Enter your address to locate food near you or click the button next to the textbox to use your current location.
- Adjust the filters to meet your needs, like operating times and distance.
- Click on a circle to see individual locations (pins).
- Click on the pin for details on that location.
- Use the icons under the listing to get directions, call or link to the food provider’s website.
Frequently Asked Questions
What items (documentation) count as “proof of residence”?
Some examples are a photo ID with your address (driver’s license, state ID, school ID, work ID). Other items include a current utility bill, mortgage, lease, letter from landlord, voter registration card.
What is grocery/client choice?
Grocery/client choice means that you select the food you want like in a grocery store rather than receive a pre-packaged box of food.
How often can I receive food?
Each food provider is different. Invitations to visit range from every day to once a month. Check in the Program Overview section. Feel free to visit multiple food providers to get the food you need.